Thursday, January 27, 2011

Catch of the Day: January 27th 2011 Vtg Hippie "Wrap Dress"


This gorgeous, fantastic robe is being marketed on eBay as an old Hippie Wrap Dress. I don't think it's anything of the sort. I think it is a splendid and sumptuous dressing gown. But if you are a hippie, and if you've a desire to wear it as a wrap dress, please know that you may do so with my blessings!  I'll be the first to cheer you on as you put on this elegant garment with the fabulously done embroidery.


Made of heavy cotton velvet, the wrap is embroidered with lovely golden thread. It's obviously immaculately done. So much so, that I doubt seriously it was done by hand unless it was produced in one of those dreadful third world sweat shops where they beat you if you miss a stitch. I dislike that thought, so let's agree it was embroidered by machine, shall we?  It's marked as old stock, so it's in excellent, unused condition.
  
It's marked as "one size", but let's face it.  There are people who are not that one size, and if you are one of them, you probably know it, and should read the dimension of the gown at the auction site.  And just to assure you that while they'll hate to see you go, they'll love to watch you leave...



Offered by Timesupshop for an opening bid of $69.90.  I think it's a bargain!

Happy shopping my kittens!

Second Hand Roze




No comments:

Post a Comment