Thursday, December 2, 2010

Catch of the day: December 2, 2010: Vintage Pucci Dress

I bring you the following vintage find in honor of World Aids Day, which was December 1, 2010.

Housing Works rarely has vintage garments. Most often, their clothing falls into the gently used couture category, but today I found a vintage Pucci mini dress. I did a fair amount of research before declaring this a vintage work. The label, however, is undoubtably a 1960's Pucci Label. *


Horribly photographed, this Pucci spaghetti strapped sun-dress was made for Saks Fifth Avenue. Featuring the iconic swirling circular undeniably Pucci design, this dress is rendered in coral, magenta, lavender, hues of purples and blues, and black on a background of off white.


Five cloth covered bottons, and what appears to be either a snap or a hook and eye closure, secure the garment at the side.


There are shorts underneath the top layer of the fabric to prevent any “wardrobe malfunctions” in this incredibly short (28" length) dress. That vintage label may say size 8, but the garment’s measurements say XS. The bust of this garment is 30", and that’s the measurement of the garment. You must be smaller to fit inside. (See why I tell you never to go by a vintage sizing label?)

At the time of this writing, the price of the dress is $139.00 after 5 bids.  Bidding is set to close on Dec 5 at 10:00 PM EST.

Housing Works brings community-based HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention programs to neighborhoods  throughout the city - and the globe through their partnership with Haiti and Puerto Rico. They provide housing, counseling and medical treatment to impoverished HIV positive persons in New York City (and through their global outreach, Haiti and Puerto Rico).  

Housing works is one of my favorite charities, and you will find their web-based "used" clothing site linked at the Treasure Troves section of my blogs.

Yesterday (World Aids Day), today, and always, I wish you Happy Shopping!

Second Hand Roze

 * I'd like to express my thanks to the Vintage Fashion Guild for making such a wealth of information available to me as I researched this garment.