Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finds On The Fly

Since I changed from long blog posts to short, daily blog posts, I quit posting reading selections. With so many fabulous books on Fashion and Fashion Designers, this is a real tragedy. One I plan to remedy today. Today's book is ParisianChic: a Style Guide by Inness de la Fressange.




This fabulous guide to style is available at Amazon Com for a sale price of $16.10. While no one can fully capture the Frenchwoman's secrets to chic, this book at least points us in the right direction.

My next killer find is a 9.5 on the Mod Scale. I wish they sold tons of these, I'd buy the for shower curtains, room dividers...I might even hang them in windows. But alas, there is (to my knowledge) only the single 97" X 100" curtain I found on Etsy.




A Paco Rabine Mid-Century Modern Masterpiece, this work of art has had me contemplating for days where I might get some of these stainless steel squares, and the amount of time it would take to connect them by jump rings. Offered by Fabulousmess for $ 9,500.00. Be sure to look at their other stuff, Fabulousmess is a veritable treasure trove of Hollywood Regency and Mid-Century Modern.

I usually try to avoid listing more than one item from a vendor at eBay, Etsy or SoF, but between my love for Mid-Century Modern and my passion for all things lucite, well, I couldn't pass these tables by.




Created of a halved drum made of Lucite, these tables are one of the few things I've ever seen Mod enough to go with the curtain above. They really should have been displayed on white shag carpeting! Also listed at Etsy from Fabulousmess. These swank tables could be yours for $1,250.00.

I simply fell in love with both the pattern or the silhouette of this Jean Louise Scherrer from SenseofFashion.


Made of 100% silk in the 80's, it has the cut of a dress worn by a woman who may have been a wee bit, hum, "fast" in the 1930's. The dress hangs like it was cut on the bias, and the flounce at the hemline all but demands stockings with seams down the back.

This dress, like any strapless dress, demands just the right necklace. I entertained myself by searching for just the perfect necklace online. I think I scored too, and at a reasonable price as well.




This string of graduated faceted Bohemian Jet with matching earrings would add just the right amount of color to the face without drawing the eye away from the dress. (Note to African American readers, I would not suggest this necklace for you, but would suggest instead that you go with a simple string of pearls). I found the necklace and earring set at SweetRomance, where the set sells for a mere $25.00 on sale from $34.00.

Finally today is something no woman's wardrobe should be without: a wide red belt.


Found on eBay, the belt is 1 3/4" wide, and has two raised ridges running the length of the belt. Made of crocodile embossed leather, imagine what you can do with this belt. Cinch in the waist of that boyfriend sweater. Belt in an oversized t-shirt... This belt is offered by BeltsAndBling and is available for an opening bid of $19.99.

And on that note my darlings, I shall bid you good night.

Happy Shopping!

Second Hand Roze



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Deep in the Heart of Uncertain Texas

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Well then you shall have to post a review of it, as your likely to get to it before I do (I'm absorbed in Vogue Fashion: 100 years of Vogue Magazine.) Can!t wait to hear your thoughts!

    Second Hand Roze

    ReplyDelete