Friday, January 21, 2011

Catch of the Day: January 21, 2011 60's Monokini


The Monokini is the garment for which Gernreich is best known, and this is the first one I've ever seen. Please don't let me mislead you. Nowhere in the auction, does the seller, zorra666, indicate that this is a Gernreich monokini. It is even possible that the garment Gernreich designed bears little, if any, resemblance to this one. I'm not sure. I wish I had to historical knowledge to know (and yes, If I had followed my own advise, and read that book on Gernreich I recommended to you, I would know).  So, if I'm completely blowing this, please be gentle with me.  I'm just so excited to see the word "Monokini" show up on eBay. Whatever the design provenance, this is a new garment with the tags still attached.  Is it a creation of Gernreich's original and famous design, I don't know?  Kittens, I'm sorry.  But I think this is an exciting and mod garment in it's own right. I'd love to wear it, and love even more to have the sort of figure which would enhance it!  Offered for the Buy It Now Price of $24.99. The monokini is approximately a size XS (which I haven't been in a long, long time)

If it tickles your mod bone as much as it tickles mine, pounce on this baby kittens!

Happy Shopping Kittens!

Second Hand Roze




No comments:

Post a Comment