Thursday, February 10, 2011

Catch Of The Day: February 10, 2011








It has become something of a tradition for my "Catches" to be auctions from eBay that were about to close. Today, I am breaking with established tradition in a couple of ways. First of all, this lovely hand crocheted shawl, resplendent in fringe, may be found on Etsy, and I am not blogging from my usual computer, but rather from my IPad as I lounge in bed. I am a wee bit under the weather.

This lovely shawl has been exquisitely crocheted of silk ribbon in the 1980s, and I daresay I am not alone in being moved to wish to touch it. Somehow I think that fringe will have the luxuriant feel that some very well kept horses' manes attain with frequent grooming and the perfect diet (Or so, writes one blogger who has had a frightening lack of experiences with horses). 

At a time when "boho" and "retro" are both major forces in fashion, not only is this gorgeous shawl beautiful, its also a wise investment of your fashion dollar.

Offered for our pleasure and perhaps purchase for $138.00 by KimVintage, who - incidentally - sells by the same name on eBay.

Wishing you Good Shopping from my bed and on my IPad,

Second Hand Roze






No comments:

Post a Comment