Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catch of the day February 1st, 2011 Vintage Compact



My ex-husband used to say it took a lot of accoutrements to be female. Once I saw this gorgeous Kotler and Kopit Compact on eBay, I knew he was right. Resplendant in pearls and rhinestones, this compact is ready for a night on the town. It's got style.  It's got rythmn,  Baby, this little number has bling!

The seller, 745sainthelens, is so meticulous that she actually noted that most of the powder is gone. Dear, it's okay that the powder is gone. No one buys these things for the powder!

The back is somewhat more sedate than the front, featuring a brushed gold smooth face.  I was able to detect some small flaws in this backing, but the front is impeccable.  Not a single missing or darkening stone.

This lovely compact may be your for the Buy-It-Now price of $55.00, or the seller is accepting offers.

Forgive me, constant readers, but it's been a while since we've discussed making offers, and I think it's time we did.

Making an offer is an opportunity to get an item you want at your dream price. I've been amazed at how cheaply I've been able to get some things. The trick though, is not to insult the seller. So the first thing you do is acknowledge the value of the item. It's sometimes helpful to say something like, "While I realize how wonderful ... a bit of whatever it is that you have ... really is, and I regret this is all I'm able to offer at this point. This is only if you are offering significantly less than what they are asking. If you are offering more than 2/3 the asking price, no apologizing is necessary. Be prepared for a counter offer. Or be prepared to buy at that price. NEVER begin negotiations with something you do not intend to ultimately buy. This is a waste of everyone's time. After negotiations are completed, write the seller and thank them!  Do this even if you are not able to agree on a price. You have taken up their time, and you owe them this. Be courteous and be fearless.

And with that kittens,  I shall bid you a good day,

Second Hand Roze

 

No comments:

Post a Comment